LOC Credit Union (LOC) has been named Best Credit Union in the 2022 Best of the Best Detroit Awards sponsored by the Detroit Free Press.
Winners were announced on May 11 at a ceremony held at the MGM Grand in Downtown Detroit.
The award honors the achievements and accomplishments of local businesses throughout the metro Detroit area. The awards recognize the best businesses in the community—including credit unions—through a nomination and voting process.
As a member-owned, not-for-profit financial cooperative, LOC sets itself apart from other local financial institutions by offering:
- Best-in-market new and used auto loan rates starting at 6.55% APR
- Unique-in-market home equity programs that offer the same great rate regardless of credit score
- Best-in-class Mortgages & Real Estate Lending expertise
- Special discounts and offers for military, law enforcement, fire protection, health care and educational employees and retirees through our Loving Our Community Heroes program
- Financial literacy partnerships with our local school districts
We take pride in our deep roots beginning in 1935 as Fordson Teachers’ Credit Union and in 1950 as Farmington Township School Employees Federal Credit Union.
Today as a state-chartered credit union, LOC serves 30,000 members and has approximately $450 million in assets. We provide members with a full range of products and services to meet member needs from basic checking accounts, unique mortgage and home equity solutions, to robust Digital Banking, as well as award-winning wealth management options.