- In the Market for a Used Vehicle? Consider These Tips Before Your Purchase
While it’s easy to focus on the numbers like the age of the car, mileage and cost, you also want to make sure to select a car that fits your needs for however long you expect to have it.
- Why Dealership Financing May Not Be The Best Option
When choosing between financing at a dealership or credit union ask yourself which one will be more beneficial in the long run.
- Is a Lease Buyout Right For You?
When your lease is over, you could drop the car off with the dealer, sign a few papers, and walk away. But have you considered what comes next? Have you considered buying out your current lease?
- New or Used Auto - Which is Right For You?
One of the biggest dilemmas consumers have when in the market for a vehicle is whether to buy new or used.
- Thinking About Refinancing Your Vehicle?
Did you finance your vehicle at the dealership? Let us help save you hundreds of dollars each year by refinancing.
- Pros & Cons of Leasing a Vehicle
Looking to lease a vehicle? Here are some pros and cons to consider.
Home Buying and Improvement
- Adjustable Rate Mortgages. Are They Right For You?
In a rising rate environment, have you considered how an Adjustable-Rate Mortgage could help your hunt for a new home?
- Unique Mortgage Solutions
While we know every home buying situation is unique, we've crafted a number of different programs that could fit each of your financing needs.
- Home Equity Loan vs Cash-Out Refinance
A home equity loan and a cash-out refinance on your mortgage are two ways to access the value that has accumulated in your home. Although the loans are similar, they’re not the same.
- How Much Does a Home Remodel Really Cost?
Remodeling your home can be exciting, expensive, but oh so fulfilling. Maybe you’ve been dreaming of an updated kitchen in the house you want to buy, or new tile and fixtures for the bathroom in your current home.
- A Home Equity Loan Could Increase The Value of Your Home
Did you know you can tap into the equity of your home with a home equity loan with LOC?
- What To Look For When Considering A Home Equity Loan
There are several items to keep in mind when evaluating your home equity options.
Personal Finance & Budgeting
- Fraud Is On The Rise. Protect Yourself Today.
Today, it’s more important than ever to be vigilant and extra careful with your accounts and personal information.
- Don't Let Overspending Get the Best of You
With inflation and interest rates continuing to rise, consumers are likely finding themselves spending more than they were a few years ago on just about everything, including the necessities.
- Building Better Money Habits
If finances are a source of worry in your life, you’re not alone. Check out these helpful tips to start building better money habits today.
- How to Stay Safe From Common Holiday Scams
Every year, thousands of people fall victims to holiday scams and this year will likely be no different. Thankfully, there are a number of different ways you can help protect you and your finances.
- Protect Yourself From Fraud, Identity Theft and more
We want to ensure you and your finances are safe.
- Building a Better You. Financially.
No matter where you are in life, we’re dedicated to taking you further. Whether it’s your first savings account or we’re helping you buy your vacation home, we want to assure you that we’re in this together.
- Saving for Tomorrow & Beyond, When You're Worried About Today
From that first savings account where every dollar matters, to saving for a home or retirement, building your savings is worth the effort. Find out ways to secure your savings for tomorrow and beyond.
- Budgeting Basics Everyone Should Know
If you're looking to gain more control over your spending and begin working toward your financial goals, you should strongly consider following a budget.
- Don't Sleep on Your Savings
Actively depositing into a savings account is one of the most important steps you can take toward becoming financially independent and achieving your goals. Are you actively saving?
- Credit Cards with Rewards, Are They Really Worth It?
If you do not have a credit card with rewards tied to it, you may be wondering why these types of cards are in such high demand.
- Are You and Your Finances Prepared for an Emergency?
The financial safety net an emergency fund provides can help keep you afloat during a time of need without having to rely on credit cards or taking out high-interest loans.
- Debt Consolidation: Is It Right For You?
Are you trying to eliminate debt and dig yourself out of a financial hole that seems to be getting deeper every day? Have you thought about consolidating your debt?
- Avoiding The Pitfalls of 0% Financing
Before making a decision on a 0% financing offer, it’s important to review some of the pros and cons and make sure you can financially afford to go that route.
- Personal Loans vs Credit Card Balance Transfers: Which is Right for You?
Are you facing an uphill battle against debt that you just can’t seem to win? Found out which option is best for you and your finances.
- Are You Getting the Most Out of Your Money?
From 401(k) plans, to IRAs and debt consolidation, find out ways to get the most out of your money!
- Finding the Right Credit Card
With so many options available to consumers today, it’s best to do your research and find out which card is right for you and your financial situation.
Are you ready to join LOC?
It’s easy to become a member of LOC Credit Union!
Membership is open to anyone who lives, works, worships, or attends school in the state of Michigan.
A current or eligible member's immediate family (spouse, sibling, child, grandchild, parent, grandparent) or an individual living in the same household of a current or eligible member can also join LOC.
Here to Help
Are you a digital banking user?
Login to send us a secure message
Want to talk to someone? Call or
Monday - Thursday 9 am to 5 pm
Friday 9 am to 6 pm
Saturday 9 am to noon
Make an Appointment
Need to come in to speak to someone? Make an appointment at one of our convenient locations.