A fast, secure and easy way to pay.
You can link your LOC Visa® Debit and LOC Visa® Credit Card to your digital wallets! LOC has partnered with Apple®, Google, Samsung, and Garmin to provide you with easy and secure ways to checkout at your favorite retailer or from the comfort of your own home without the hassle of having to find the card in your wallet. Quickly turn your mobile device or smart watch into your preferred method of payment for purchases in-store, online and within apps.
Digital Wallet options include:
- Apple Pay™
- Apple Pay is easy and works with the Apple devices you use every day. You can make secure purchases in stores, in apps and on the web. And you can send and receive money from friends and family directly within iMessages.
- Google Pay
- Google Pay is the fast, simple way to pay on sites, in apps, and in stores using the cards saved to your Google Account. It protects your payment info with multiple layers of security and makes it easy to send money, store tickets, or cash in on rewards – all from one convenient place.
- Samsung Pay
- The latest Samsung devices work at most of your favorite places, making Samsung Pay a fast and easy way to checkout anywhere you go and is available virtually wherever you can swipe or tap your card.
- Garmin Pay
- Your Garmin device may already be an important part of your everyday life, but with Garmin Pay, you’ll have more uses for it than ever before. Garmin Pay is a contactless payment solution designed for people who are always on the move. Whether you grab a cup of coffee after your morning run or get a bite to eat while out on a ride, Garmin Pay lets you make purchases quickly and almost effortlessly with nothing needed but your watch. No wallet? No phone? No problem.
- Digital Wallet Option for Web-Based Options
- Don’t have your mobile device or smart watch handy? No worries! You can also take advantage of using Visa Secure Remote Commerce while shopping online. When you use the Visa Secure Remote Commerce to store your LOC Visa® debit and/or credit card details, you can avoid the hassle of entering your payment and shipping information each time you make an online purchase from any device. Plus, your information is stored in a single, secure website versus storing your card details on multiple websites you frequent. There is no cost to use this secure. Enroll in Via Secure Remote Commerce.
Please visit Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Apple Pay, and Garmin Pay for the most up-to-date information and further technical assistance. LOC Credit Union is not responsible for the features or functionality of the services.
Yes! Once your card(s) have been added to your digital wallet, checking out at retailers, online or within the apps is super simple! It’s so simple, you may never swipe or insert your chip again! To ensure there are no issues, make sure your device is updated with the most current software. If you do run into any issues, give us a call or visit your device’s site for further instructions including step-by-step directions for your digital wallet.
The newest device model typically has the ability to use the digital wallet feature. However, some older models may not be compatible. It’s important to make sure you have the most up to date software installed on your device. Not sure if your device is compatible? Head over to your device’s website to confirm compatibility.
Digital wallet payments are accepted at most merchants as well as online and when making in-app purchases. A large chunk of independent retailers are also jumping on board with the digital wallets. Ask your merchant to see if they accept digital wallet payments.
There is no cost from LOC to use your digital wallet or add any of your LOC cards to it.
No. You’re not required to use your digital wallet with every purchase. It’s meant to provide a sense of ease and save you time when you’re out and about. You can still continue to use your LOC Visa Debit and Credit Cards as you normally would. If you no longer wish to have your card(s) in your digital wallet, just open your wallet and simply remove them. This will not have any impact on your physical debit or credit card.
Yes, you can store and use multiple cards in your digital wallet, though some may have a limit to the number of cards that can be stored. You will however have to set up a default card. While checking out, you can easily switch between cards within your digital wallet.
Yes. Using your digital wallet can actually be safer than using your debit or credit card in the traditional way. The specific card details in your digital wallet are protected and you will be required you to use either TouchID or your device passcode to complete the transaction. Each purchase will generate a unique account number, encrypting your actual information to keep your information safe. This provides an additional layer of security when checking out. Additionally, no card information or anything about your identity are involved when making your purchase.