Dedicated to taking you further
LOC Credit Union today is a combination of two credit unions formed in 2022 as a result of a merger between LOC Federal Credit Union and MemberFocus Community Credit Union. Both institutions were originally founded to serve employees of the school districts in the communities in which they were located.
We take pride in our deep roots beginning in 1935 as Fordson Teachers’ Credit Union and in 1950 as Farmington Township School Employees Federal Credit Union.
Today as a state-chartered credit union, LOC serves 33,000 members and has approximately $465 million in assets. We provide members with a full range of products and services to meet their needs from basic checking accounts, unique mortgage and home equity solutions, to robust Digital Banking, as well as award-winning wealth management options.
Loving Our Communities:
LOC has a long history of supporting our schools and our communities. In 1995, we opened our first student-run credit union in Farmington Hills East Middle School. This program has grown to include 19 school partners in Farmington, Howell and Hartland.
To further our efforts to equip youth with the necessary skills for better money management, LOC often presents Financial Wellness Webinars, in-class presentations, experiences and more. Additionally, LOC supports many organizations and initiatives throughout the counties we serve.
Our Combined Historical Timeline
- 1935: Fordson Teachers’ Credit Union was founded.
- 1948: Fordson Teachers’ Credit Union expanded services to entire Dearborn School District and changed its name to Dearborn Schools Credit Union.
- 1950: Farmington Township School Employees Federal Credit Union was founded.
- 1954: Farmington Township School Employees Federal Credit Union changed its name to Farmington-Clarenceville Employees Federal Credit Union when it added Clarenceville School District.
- 1960-1989: Farmington-Clarenceville Employees Federal Credit Union went through a series of name changes as its field of Membership expanded to include more school districts and other groups before landing at LOC Federal Credit Union 1989.
- 1989: Main office opened on Farmington Rd.
- 1997: New Howell office opened on Grand River Ave.
- 2005: Dearborn Schools Credit Union changed its name to MemberFocus Community Credit Union when it was granted a community charter. Also in 2005, LOC Federal Credit Union was granted a community charter to serve southwest Oakland County and Livingston County.
- 2007: New Hartland office opened on Highland Rd.
- 2022: LOC Federal Credit Union merged with MemberFocus Community Credit Union to form a state-chartered credit union serving the entire state of Michigan with 33,000 members and approximately $465 million in assets.
Are you ready to join LOC?
It’s easy to become a member of LOC Credit Union!
Membership is open to anyone who lives, works, worships, or attends school in the state of Michigan.
A current or eligible member's immediate family (spouse, sibling, child, grandchild, parent, grandparent) or an individual living in the same household of a current or eligible member can also join LOC.
You Might Also Like
Credit Unions VS Banks
While credit unions and banks tend to offer similar products, there are many benefits of a credit union that could sway you to choose one over the other.
If you have your eye on a new car, found a great deal on a used vehicle or want to refinance a higher-rate loan from another financial institution, we can help!
LOC is a proud partner with Farmington Public Schools, Hartland Consolidated Schools and Howell Public Schools and operates 19 in-school branches.
Here to Help
Are you a digital banking user?
Login to send us a secure message
Want to talk to someone? Call or
Monday - Thursday 9 am to 5 pm
Friday 9 am to 6 pm
Saturday 9 am to noon
Make an Appointment
Need to come in to speak to someone? Make an appointment at one of our convenient locations.