Solidify your finances with one of our checking account options.
Looking to open a new checking account? Open a free LOC checking account with no minimum balance requirements and no monthly fee. When you compare our checking account to other types of checking accounts from banks and financial providers, you'll find that it is one of the best checking account options available. In addition to our Free Checking Account, we also offer a Secure Checking with IDProtect option.
Whether you are looking for a joint checking account, teen checking account or college checking account, our free checking account option includes:
- No monthly fee, minimum balance requirement or check writing fees
- Direct deposit options for payroll, pension and Social Security
- Easy to use VISA Debit Card
- Ability to make purchases directly from your checking account with Digital Wallets
- More than 30,000 fee-free ATMs for deposits and withdrawals across the US through the CO-OP Network
- Free Digital Banking with Bill Pay and SavvyMoney, our free comprehensive credit score solution
- Easy-to-use Mobile Deposit option within our Mobile Apps
- Options for Overdraft Protection
Plus, you'll enjoy a personal financial relationship with our team of knowledgeable Financial Success Specialists who will open the door to a wide range of opportunities for you and your finances—providing you with savings, convenience, flexibility, and peace of mind.
Be Safer. Spend Smarter. It's Simple, With Our Secure Checking Account
In addition to all of the great benefits mentioned above with our Free Checking, a Secure Checking makes it simple to keep your family's finances safer and take advantage of smart discounts on financial services and everyday purchases. At just $4.95 a month, Secure Checking with ID Protect delivers:
ID Protect1: Identity Theft & Monitoring Service
We've all see the headlines. Despite everyone's best efforts, data breaches continue to happen. Hackers and identity thieves obtain more personal and financial information everyday. At just $4.95 a month, Secure Checking with ID Protect delivers:
- 3-in-1 Credit File Monitoring2- Daily credit file monitoring and automated alerts of key changes to your Experian, Equifax & Transunion credit reports
- Credit Report & Score- Access to credit reports and credit scores. Credit Score is a VantageScore 3.0 based on single credit bureau data. Third parties may use a different type of credit score to assess your creditworthiness. Once you have activated credit file monitoring, you may request your credit score. Once you have done so, you will have access to your score on a monthly basis. (Registration/activation required)
- Identity Monitoring- Monitoring of over 1,000 databases and public records to identify suspicious activity, including credit header information, phone records, United States Postal Service records and more. A risk rating is generated with each monthly scan and if your scan reflects a high-risk score, you will be notified
- Fully-Managed Identity Theft Resolution Services- Should your identity ever be stole, you wil have a dedicated fraud specialist assigned to manage your case and work with you until your identity is restored
- Up to $10,000 Identity Fraud Expense Reimbursement Coverage2- To cover expenses associated with restoring your identity
- Debit & Credit Card Registration- Register your credit, debit and ATM cards and have peace of mind knowing you can call one toll-free number to cancel and request replacement cards (Registration/activation required)
- Online identity theft news & education center- Get advice on ways to protect yourself from identity theft, read educational tips and access valuable online resources and news related to identity fraud and credit. (Available via mobile or web only)
Already Have Checking Account with LOC and Want to Switch to Secure Checking?
In addition to all of the ID Protect features, you'll also enjoy all of the following at no additional cost:
- Travel & Leisure Discount Membership
- Savings when you pay with Mobile Retail Discounts and $hopping Rewards™
- Protection against unexpected losses with Cellular Telephone Protection
- No minimum balance requirements
Travel & Leisure Discount Membership
Money-saving discounts from thousands of local and national businesses. You can redeem and print coupons online or access discounts from your phone. Digital access makes saving super easy and convenient, giving you instant savings anywhere, and anytime. (Registration/activation required)
Receiving Shopping Rewards is simple! As a member, you have access to exclusive offers and discounts at thousands of leading online retailers. Simply shop online using our customized shopping portal and receive cash back. Your cash back will be held in your Shopping Rewards account to use towards future purchases or conveniently sent to you as a check. Yes, it's that easy! (Registration/activation required. Available online only)
Cell Phone Protection3
Receive up to $400 of replacement or repair costs if your cell phone is stolen or damaged in the U.S. or aboard. Maximum of two claims per year. Covers the first four phones on a cellular telephone bill paid through your checking account. (Cellular telephone bill must be paid through this account)
Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance3
Receive up to $10,000 of 24-hour Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance. (Coverage divides equally on joint accounts and reduces by 50% at age 70)
Debit Advantage- Buyer's Protection & Extended Warranty
Covers items for 90 days from the date of purchase against accidental breakage, fire or theft.
Already Have Checking Account with LOC and Want to Switch to Secure Checking?
1.) IDProtect® service is a personal identity theft protection service available to personal checking account owners, their joint account owners, and their eligible family members (service not available to employees or authorized signers who are not owners). Service is not available to a "signer" on the account who is not an account owner. Service is not available to clubs, organizations, and/or churches and their members, schools and their employees/students. For revocable grantor trusts, the service is available only when a grantor is serving as a trustee and covers the grantor trustee(s) and their eligible family members. For all other fiduciary accounts, the service covers the beneficiary, who must be the primary member, and their eligible family members (fiduciary is not covered). Family includes: spouse, persons qualifying as domestic partner, and children under 25 years of age and parent(s) of the account holder who are residents of the same household.
2.) Credit file monitoring may take several days to begin following activation.
3.) Special program notes: The descriptions herein are summaries only and do not include all terms, conditions, and exclusions of the benefits described. Please refer to the actual Guide to Benefit and/or insurance documents for complete details of coverage and exclusions. Coverage is offered through the company named in the Guide to Benefit or on the insurance document.
Insurance Products are not a deposit; not NCUA insured; not an obligation of credit union, and not guaranteed by credit union or any affiliated entity.
Switch Your Checking Account to LOC Today!
Switching your existing Checking Accounts over to LOC Credit Union doesn't need to be a hassle. We've made it easier than ever with ClickSWITCH.
In as little as 10 minutes, switch all of your direct deposits and automatic payments to your existing Checking Account at LOC Credit Union. This eliminates the hassle of having to contact each business and helps to ensure that you don't miss a payment during your account transition.
How it Works:
1. For a quick and easy process, login to Digital Banking and hover over the Accounts Tab and click on "Account Switching"
2. You can also get the process started by visiting the ClickSWITCH portal.
3. Switch your direct deposits and automatic payments: Use your old account to automatically find and move all recurring transactions.
4. Get notifications as it works for you: The solution does the work for you, receive real-time updates and get notified when it's done.
Account Agreements and Disclosures
- Member and Account Agreement - August 2022
- Schedule of Fees
- Electronic Funds Transfer Agreement and Disclosure - August 2022
- Authorization and Agreement to Receive Electronic Statements and Other Disclosures
- Truth-in-Savings Statement
- Funds Availability Notice - August 2022
- Standard & Extended Overdraft Coverage Disclosure - July 2020
- Substitute Check Disclosure